Just Us

Two Soon-To-Be Southern Belles

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Poem Posting

Elisabeth and I have decided to post poems...my reasons are thus: a). It will actually force me to blog b). It will keep me in writing practice for next year, since I'm majoring in Creative Writing c). Hopefully people will give me feedback - maybe more people will read this blog and interact and give advice...

I am really tired so this sounds dysfunctional but HERE IS A POEM I wrote a few days ago.
I can't think of a title, any ideas? I thought maybe "goodbye" but it sounds a little trite.


Is there a place for the innocence of daisies,
The deep silence of the forest,
The darkness of the night’s desire?
Is there a place for the finality of summer and the
Freckles like stars on our skin?
Is there an hour, a moment, a breath yet unwritten,
A tender mystery like the way petals unfurl to welcome their sun?

Don’t answer the question of my world,
For I know my dreams deceive me.
Fading like the dewy haze of morning,
Their death echoes darkly in my soul.

Tell me they deceive me.

1 Comments:

  • At May 28, 2006 3:17 PM, Blogger Elisabeth said…

    I love the adjectives and similes that you use...they are very strong and poignant. Good Job! We'll talk more about plagarism, etc. Thanks for the idea. You're definately a "P" : )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License