Just Us

Two Soon-To-Be Southern Belles

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

New Fav

My new favorite male character is now Roger Hamley from Wives and Daughters. He is so kind and yet so timid. I'm not sure that's what I like about him, but he is a very likable character. Also, he is handsome in the movie, but I've heard that the book describes him differently. Which leads me to a grievance. In my school library and in the Burnam Memorial Library such a book as this is nowhere to be found. Alas and aleck. I shall travel far and wide to the next town over at my leisure and hopefully find it there. If not, I shall be forced to buy such a book off the internet someday, but I'm sure that isn't the only way out. Oh dear.

6 Comments:

  • At March 21, 2006 9:39 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    http://www.lang.nagoya-u.ac.jp/
    ~matsuoka/EG-W&D.html

    Is this the book?

    by Elizabeth Gaskell

     
  • At March 22, 2006 2:55 PM, Blogger Elisabeth said…

    whoa....how'd you do that???????? yup, that's the one

     
  • At March 25, 2006 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Elisabeth, Rodger is my favorite character also. I really need to watch them again...I think i'll go do that.
    HMD

     
  • At March 26, 2006 6:52 PM, Blogger Elisabeth said…

    gee, Hannah, someone's been busy on the computer...: )

     
  • At March 27, 2006 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was bored
    HMD

     
  • At April 05, 2006 3:11 PM, Blogger Elisabeth said…

    hi MM--I'm so sorry I didn't get back to you sooner...I was having internet issues. My mom, being ever-resourceful, found "W and D" at our local library (Burnham Memorial). It was a four-VHS tape set, each one 75 mins. long. It was done by BBC. I hope you can find it! Also, I would recommend the book. My mom just got it for us from online or something. You can also go to the website that Linda posted earlier.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License