Just Us

Two Soon-To-Be Southern Belles

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Hymns and such

I probably should contribute something here instead of leaving it all to Elisabeth...

Favorite hymns... "Saved by Grace" though it really is a funeral hymn: Here's the first verse and the chorus:

"Someday the silver chord will break,
And I no morea as now shall sing;
But O the joy when I shall wake
Within the palace of the KinG!

And I shall see Him face to face,
And tell the story - Saved by grace;
And I shall see Him face to face,
And tell the story - Saved by grace."

"When I Survey The Wondrous Cross" is my favorite hymn, and I also love "It is Well With my Soul" and "Come Thou Font."

So today I was working (at Bass) and a man in a snowsuit walked in. "Is this the men's section?" he asked (which was very obvious since he was surrounded by men's shoes). When I answered yes, he asked if the opposite wall was the women's section (again this was very obvious) and then he asked if we had any women's swim suits in the women's section. Bass is not a very large store - you can pretty much see all of the displays anywhere you stand, and since when have shoe stores carried swimsuits? So when I told him no (feeling and looking very flustered) he asked if I knew any stores that carried any locally, etc etc and then he stormed out of the store after I gave him a map of the area. I had a sudden and unusual urge to laugh hysterically. I could not figure out why a man in a snow suit would want a women's swim suit. But when I told this to my dad he said that it wa really very obvious - he was probably staying with a woman at the Inn at Essex or another such hotel and they had probably been skiing all day and now they wanted to relax and go swimming but she had forgotten her suit... this is a boring story I know but it just shows how easy it is to make wrong conclusions as to fellow mankind's sanity when a rational thinking-process would just solove the problems. Well we can't all.

Goodbye!

2 Comments:

  • At March 05, 2006 12:49 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    I hope the guy didn't do the same thing at Hannafords. I don't think he would get any better results.

     
  • At March 05, 2006 9:49 AM, Blogger Elisabeth said…

    That's funny. I would have reacted the same way. It's so interesting how we jump to the worst or craziest solutions whenever we don't have the full story. That's how rumors get spread.........!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License