Just Us

Two Soon-To-Be Southern Belles

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Oh yay I am here again...poor Elisabeth missed my wonderful and insightful comments on life while my computer was being ridiculous...but it's better now.

So I was very upset in youth group tonight (well we had a wonderful talk -that's not why I was upset) becuase we were supposed to go around the room and talk about our fav male movie characters and everyone had already said Mr. Darcy so I said Johnny Cash in Walk the Line because I felt sorry for him and he was sweet and everyone was SHOCKED! and I was thinking about it and I got more and more frustrated because I realized that I like bad guys but I don't really think they are bad (I'm talking movies here). so johnny cash - yeah he did drugs and cheated on his wife but a.) he was extremely artistic/musical and those kind of people are slightly tormented in spirit (perhaps I may also feel slightly tormented and thus have more sympathy) and b.) he really was very deep in his love for June - he died four months after her! that's love and c.) there is a lot of evidence to say he became a Christian later in life and d.) he really sold himself short and his mannerisms were very endearing and childish and sad. but for a clarification I really don't respect him for womanizing/drug addiction. please don't think I go that far (sorry I don't capitalize but I'm in a rush)

also rhett butler - another guy that most people despise. I don't - yes, he was far from ideal, but he was real and he loved Scarlett even though she was a brat and he stuck with her for a long time. although he left her in the end I am sure he came back becuase she was finally appreciative of him, and no guy who loved a woman for that long would leave right when he got her where he wanted her.

and lastly, the phantom of the opera (or OG for Opera Ghost). in the movie he's pretty hot so more people have sympathy for him but I feel so sorry for him becuase he was treated so badly - and he loved Christine in his own way and was ultimately willing to give her up. again, another tormented musical type. my friends had better keep me away from those kind...who knows what I will do if I meet an OG.

bedtime...and I need to write an intro and conclusion for my essay - i am so bad at those paragraphs - i can write the thesis and the body but not the other parts.

2 Comments:

  • At March 16, 2006 2:38 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    Lea..
    I can understand your feeling... After saying Mr. Bingly I got a similar reaction.. I think the girls weren't listening very closely. It was the specific attributes of sweetness & goodness that I like in Bingly.

    Did you enjoy the rest of the discussion?

     
  • At March 17, 2006 2:53 PM, Blogger Elisabeth said…

    Linda--I know what you mean...sorry...we were very talkative wed. night...thanks, though

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License