Just Us

Two Soon-To-Be Southern Belles

Friday, March 03, 2006

"These are a few of my favorite things..."

Linda's right-Lea and I are both pretty crazy about music (see comments on About Us).

Some of my favorite hymn lyrics are these:

"Take my voice, and let me sing, always, only, for my King.
Take my lips, and let them be filled with messages from thee, filled with messages from thee.

Take my will, and make it thinge; it shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is thine own; it shall be thy royal throne, it shall be thy royal throne."

(Take My Life, and Let It Be, by Havergal [I think])

Also:

"In mansions of glory and endless delight, I'll ever adore Thee in heaven so brigth; I'll sing with the glittering crown on my brow; If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus 'tis now."

(My Jesus, I Love Thee, by Featherstone)

I have so many favorite hymn lyrics, but these are probably my "most fav."

2 Comments:

  • At March 03, 2006 11:32 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    "Take my voice, and let me sing, always, only, for my King.
    Take my lips, and let them be filled with messages from thee, filled with messages from thee.

    A couple weeks I was thinking about how kind the Lord is in redeeming my mouth. At one point, I curse God and slandered Him. I mouth was full of bitterness & poison for Him and everyone around me. I used my tongue like a knife to slice and dice people. Oh... but how He has redeemed my mouth.. to make me speak of Him, sing to Him and praise Him. How good is our God!!

     
  • At March 05, 2006 9:47 AM, Blogger Elisabeth said…

    Linda, I was probably being really shallow about this verse. I liked it because it is utilizing a part of my body that I love to utilize in church. That's pretty self-centered. But God is kind and good.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License