Just Us

Two Soon-To-Be Southern Belles

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Killing Time

So here I am, sitting on my bed using my new laptop which was a graduation present which I am so thrilled about...

But actually, I have been really bored. My job as a shoesalesperson (is that supposed to be one word?) is a flop since I have practically no hours and therefore torment the life out of my poor mother. So I am wondering - is there any volunteer work I can do? Does anyone know of some sort of a job opening I could get in a hurry? Entertainment? Anything?

Becuase if this is the way my summer is going to be, just send me to school now. Not that I'm complaining or anything.

I used to dream of this kind of freedom, but unfortunately, I daily learn the lesson that life is never what it seems. The problem with me is that I always fill guilty when I have free time. I feel like I don't deserve it. I never was good at "redeeming time" anyway; I always sit around thinking of all the things I could or should do and never actually do any of them. I think I lack discipline, but only when nothing is required of me. When I have to do something, I can force myself to, but when I don't, what's the point? But this cycle makes me miserable...maybe this is a spiritual thing.

All I know is that I am bored. HELP. Maybe I'll write that novel that has been stewing in my brain for years. I have no idea what I would write about. Maybe I'll just try and something will come out.

Maybe I'll just go to bed.

6 Comments:

  • At June 21, 2006 12:55 PM, Blogger Elisabeth said…

    this might seem dumb, but going to bed has been a great cop-out for me late at night...I always want to get some reading done, but never have time. I do at night, but just go to bed instead. What a weird existence. I feel that i'm killing time because I'm needed around the house, but I'm trying to find a job, and there's no more school, and no summer work. Why is this a problem??? I don't know. This is like my mid-life crisis...I'm falling apart. Wow, this is getting morbid. SUMMER'S HERE!!! THIS IS THE DAY THE LORD HAS MADE, LET US REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT!!!!!!!

     
  • At June 24, 2006 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm sure I can find some volunteer work around our house for you two young ladies if you're that bored! :-) --Mrs. T

     
  • At June 25, 2006 9:24 PM, Blogger Elisabeth said…

    if you need help, just call!!! I actually think that I just got a job, so things are speeding up a bit. Not to mention the fact that I have only seven weeks left before college. That is sooooooo scary. I'm not even joking.

     
  • At June 26, 2006 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's great that you think you just got a job. If you did, what will you be doing? And if not, what are you hoping to do? --Mrs. T

     
  • At June 27, 2006 1:35 PM, Blogger Elisabeth said…

    I got it!!!! I work at the sports and fitness edge in Essex with the preschool. contrary to the common opinion, I actually enjoy working with the daycare. it's fun, and I'm with people all the time. (granted, they're under three feet tall with a limited vocabulary, but they are people none-the-less : )) I only work about two and 1/2 hours each day, but it is a good amount of time. it's also flexible!! I can rejoice because I get to go to the whole youthretreat! YEAH

     
  • At June 27, 2006 1:35 PM, Blogger Elisabeth said…

    p.s. sorry that was probably a lot more info than you ever wanted to know...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License